About Me

My photo
Catholic. Photographer. Writer. Producer. Videographer. Editor. Spanish speaker. Passionate about travel, culture and giving you a platform to tell your life story. Firm believer that peppermint dark chocolate and autumn hikes can make any day amazing!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shots, Shots, Shots

The goal: not to look like this!
Shots, shots, shots and more shots. Unfortunately these are not the enjoyable shots ;) I spent the start of my weekend (Friday morning) at Mayo Clinic getting a load of vaccines. Lifting my arms above head today is quite the task. Other than the flu shot, it was just the first round of vaccines. When all is said and done I will (hopefully) be protected against Hepatitas A, Typhoid Fever, and Rabies (I haven't started that one yet).

I'm sure my insurance company loves me a whole lot right now (not)! Then the doc. also gave me a bunch of pills for the "just in case" type scenarios which you never hope to need. I've also got a few doses of anti-malaria pills. It's too bad the millions of mosquito bites I got as a child haven't built up some sort of immunity.

The doc. also went over lots of "travel safety" tips... all things that you'd think would be common sense. In reality though they are all things I guess I've learned while galavanting around the world on previous adventures. The one thing tip she gav that definitely caught my attention though... "Make sure to shake out your shoes before putting them on." Why you ask?... Spiders :( These aren't little Minnesota spiders that can be smushed with you pinky but ones that would probably eat your pinky. Well, maybe not but I'd prefer not to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment