About Me

My photo
Catholic. Photographer. Writer. Producer. Videographer. Editor. Spanish speaker. Passionate about travel, culture and giving you a platform to tell your life story. Firm believer that peppermint dark chocolate and autumn hikes can make any day amazing!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

2 weeks until take off!!

I know it's cliche, but time isn't just ticking it's soaring. I've spent the last few weeks saying goodbyes to so many wonderful people. Shedding a few tears in the process, but mainly just living in the moment knowing that I will see you all again before too long. While life can be stressful at times with trying to sort all the details, mainly every day brings with it another blessing. I really love to see how excited people get when they find out about what I'll be doing. I just wish I had more answers.

I have definitely learned or been reminded of a couple things this week. First is that I am not in control of things. It's all in God's hands and I'm just along for the ride. That doesn't mean I'm any good at letting go of the reigns... I am still by nature a planner. Secondly, prayers are not answered on my time and that's okay. Nor are prayers answered in the way we always want. After all, how many of us really know what we want. Actually, I'll take that a step further and say prayers aren't even necessarily answered with what *we think we need*. I'd say God answers our prayers with what what he needs. That may sound selfish, but if we truly understand that Christ knows what's best for us then what he needs is for us to follow his will for us. Afterall he wants us to spend the rest of our lives with him in heaven, but he needs us to want that too. That sounds a bit too philosophical even for me though so I guess I'll leave with that.

Keep us all in your prayers in these final two weeks before departing for language school!

Make today your best day,

Katherine Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment